Description: This training will focus on concrete strategies that coaches and other sports leaders can use athletics and movement to promote participants’ healing from trauma.
Who will benefit from this training?
2. Sports organizations
3. Schools and other youth leadership programs
4. Mental health professionals
Outcome Objectives: By the end of the training, attendees will be able to:
1. Identify simple strategies to promote trauma recovery through movement
2. Concrete ways to avoid causing trauma through sports
3. Name several important components to building resilience and strength in athletes
4. Identify signs of trauma in athletes
Presenter: Cory Nyamora, Psy.D., Licensed Psychologist, Certified USATF (Track and Field) Coach & USAT (Triathlon) Coach