This presentation will focus on the role of the therapist in helping families reduce childhood obesity. It will explore common barriers to weight loss, as well as effective strategies to improve young people's health.
- Presenter: Cory Nyamora PsyD - is a licensed clinical psychologist and a certified USA Triathlon coach, USA Track and Field coach and Youth Fitness Specialist. He is the owner and director of Endurance - A Sports and Psychology Center, Inc., which provides sports opportunities, outdoor adventures and psychotherapy for overweight children and their families.
Additionally, he provides services at a leading weight-management program at Children's Hospital Oakland. Dr. Nyamora works closely with families to find fun and effective strategies to improve their children's health. More information is available on www.endurancecenter.org
- When: Thursday, April 21, 2011, 6:30 - 7:00 pm Networking; 7:00 - 9:00 Workshop
- Where: Alliant International University, San Francisco CA
- Cost: FREE, unless you'd like CE, which is $15 for 2 hours
- Contact: Shawn Giammattei, email@example.com (415) 722-7134
Please sign up at: